Thursday, October 5, 2023

Give your servant Don eternal peace, O Lord

Yesterday, I was at a deathbed with my son-in-law when his father died. Truth be told, I would have felt very out of place, but I am lucky enough to be very good friends with his mother. I am extremely fond of my son-in-law but I just love his mother so much. When she told me there were mere hours left, I dropped everything to go support them. 

Therefore, I was privileged to be there both simultaneously mourning his passing and also cheering him over the final bit of his race to his Eternal Reward.

I ask your prayers for the soul of Don Edinburgh and in support of his grieving family.

Give your servant Don eternal peace, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul, as well as the souls of all the faithful dead,
rest in peace, thanks to God’s grace.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment