Thursday, October 6, 2011

World's Longest Book Meme? 21-30

Part 3, continuing from yesterday ...

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I'm super-excited about it or if I think someone will like it.

22. Favorite genre?
Science fiction.

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
I'm actually happy with what I read and don't have genre envy. If I wanted to read a genre more ... I would!

24. Favorite biography?
Agatha Christie's autobiography. Not only do you learn about her life, but it is like a trip to Victorian times.

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Not that I can think of though, of course, anything is possible and I simply may not remember.

26. Favorite cookbook?
Isn't that like asking if I have a favorite child? Favorite cookbook authors: James Beard, Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid, Mark Bittman (for How to Cook Everything, not for his others), Nigel Slater, Nigella Lawson (How to Eat, How to Be a Domestic Goddess, Feast ... haven't read others) ... off the top of my head.

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom.

28. Favorite reading snack?
I don't really snack while I read. No particular reason but I just don't.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
I can't think of any but if I think I'll be reading something I try to avoid hype so I don't get spoilers or inflated expectations.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
It really depends on the critic and the book. I don't count on it but am not surprised if I do. Critics have very little to do with whether I read a book or not. I trust friends' recommendations more than anything.

1 comment:

  1. I have read one self help book. That is "Lost in the Cosmos: The Last Self-Help Book" by Walter Percy. I do so love Walter Percy's books.

    ReplyDelete