Wednesday, October 5, 2011

World's Longest Book Meme? 11-20

Continuing where we left off yesterday ...
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
When forced to do so by book clubs or podcasts ... maybe every two or three months?

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Mysteries, science fiction, cookbooks.

13. Can you read on the bus?
Alas, my severe motion sickness makes that impossible.

14. Favorite place to read?
Anywhere I happen to be. Places I read most often: living room and bed.

15. What is your policy on book lending?
If I lend you a book that is a measure of how much I trust you ... which is to say that I rarely lend out books because they are like my children. The exception is books about religion. I never know if someone might really need it (we're talking about souls, people!) and not be able to find it otherwise so I lend them freely ... I'm prepared to replace those for my own library.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
Never.

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Fiction, never. Nonfiction, constantly. And underline. And highlight.

18. Not even with text books?
Hah! See above.

19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English.

20. What makes you love a book?
A great story. Or in the case of nonfiction ... I dunno. Any book I love lit a spark of excitement somehow.

3 comments:

  1. Never dog-ear, but do you crack the spine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always breaks my heart when it happens, but once it does, I know it means this is a long-loved one!

    ReplyDelete