Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Heaven's Hunter by Marie C. Keiser


This was a fast-paced adventure/detective story set in a future when Catholicism is banned because of their crimes against humanity. At least that's how most people understand it. When his best friend is killed by space pirates, Major Randall Yung sets out to avenge him. The trail leads to secrets that affect not just Yung but also the whole darned universe.

I was more caught up in this than I expected, reading it in one night. That is good because it means the story telling had a quick pace that kept my interest. However, the book did keep to the surface of the story a lot of the time. We are told of major changes in Yung's way of thinking without a lot of digging into what is really going on personally with him.

The Catholic element was such that non-Catholics would still enjoy the book (or so it seems to me), while Catholics will appreciate the understated way that the faith affects the main character.

I liked the themes that the author explores while telling an action-filled story. As a first book it was enjoyable. I look forward to seeing how the author does in other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment