Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Jesse Tree - Day 14: David

I last published these Jesse Tree posts in 2019. I want to revisit them this Advent so you're coming along for the ride!

The Jesse Tree helps us prepare for Christ's coming by studying His roots and Salvation History. 

Jesse Trees follow the same general outline but I've found they are widely varied in some of the details. Some may have one day for Moses, others may spend 4 days on different aspects of his life. I'll be following the basic outline but, therefore, using my own discretion in a few spots.

Day 14: David

Symbols: shepherd's crook, harp, slingshot, 6-pointed star

Michelangelo, David and Goliath, 1509

David began as a shepherd, the youngest of the family, and from Bethlehem. When I read his story in the Bible his humanity becomes so clear. He is so often the best of what we hope from humanity. And he also is often the worst. His most famous descendant, Jesus, was also from Bethlehem and is our shepherd.

“I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I will lay down my life for the sheep.”(John 10:14, 15)

David is anointed king by Samuel, Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment