Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Lovecraftian School Board Member Wants Madness Added To Curriculum

"Our schools are orderly, sanitary places where students dwell in blissful ignorance of the chaos that awaits," West said. "Should our facilities be repaired? No, they must be razed to the ground and rebuilt in the image of the Cyclopean dwellings of the Elder Gods, the very geometry of which will drive them to be possessed by visions of the realms beyond." ...

"Charles sure likes to bang on that madness drum," fellow school board member Danielle Kolker said. "I'm not totally sold on his plan to let gibbering, half-formed creatures dripping with ichor feed off the flesh and fear of our students. But he is always on time to help set up for our spaghetti suppers, and his bake sale goods are among the most popular."

"I must admit, he's very convincing," Kolker added.
This excerpt is from one of my favorite of The Onion's pieces. I enjoy rereading it every year. Do go read it all.

2 comments:

  1. This is y favorite "Onion" piece-- I try to remember to re-post it every fall (election season) and it is a favorite with local public officials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of it as an election/public official commentary but you have given me an extra way to enjoy it now! :-)

      Delete