Friday, April 5, 2019

The End of An Era — Goodbye to Zoe


Last week, Zoe succumbed to cancer, as will surprise no one who has had Boxers. It is an ill that breed bears with their own particular merry cheer.

I wasn't going to mention it but saw from the stats that several posts have been looked at a lot lately ... those from when both Wash and Zoe joined our family. It brought back such good memories that I thought I'd share the link here for any other Zoe fans who want to see a little more about the hurricane that changed our lives.

It is impossible to sum up Zoe in a few words or even a few paragraphs. She could be wonderful, she could be equally terrible, and her intense, larger-than-life personality filled our house. As my husband said, "She was a military-grade hyper-Boxer." She's now a family legend.

I'll also say that she's the only dog I know of who had an entire sex industry convention at her feet: which you may read about here.

Of course we miss her. Life is calmer without her as Wash and Kaylee can't possibly fill that void, though they are doing their best.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about Zoe. Dogs can never be with us as long as we'd like but it always hurts. Now that I have a dog who is half boxer in breed but all boxer in personality, I know why they are so loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you have a boxer! I'd never have thought we'd turn out to be Boxer people, since I grew up with Bullmastiffs, but they are endless fun. :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Poor brave pup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the best part of the whole thing is that Hannah and I went with Rose to the vet. Zoe was usually unflappable but she was terrified of the vet and would shake the whole time. But with her pack there surrounding her, she was perfectly peaceful and calm. Which made us grateful. :-)

      Delete
  3. All boxer Colt (who is on his last "three" legs, so to speak - boxers are also so very prone to hip dysplasia) came to us while we still had our first boxer, Maggie May (we referred to her in he way a fellow gas station customer did - our "pointy nose boxer.) We know have a Pibble mix named Elton (who is all white, deaf, possessive, and very very allergy prone.) It hurts every, every, EVERY time. But my last days - be they days, months, or sometimes a year or so if it is ordained - are personally most special to me. They seem to sense that too - they finally begin to favor me over their "Dad." I'll just let you know that we are thinking of you here, and you have confirmed once again what a special person you are, and how close to God. ❤️ https://youtu.be/H17edn_RZoY

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Bennett and the Pets" page on Facebook has all my sweeties - all are part of grandson Bennett's life.

    ReplyDelete