Friday, April 5, 2019
The End of An Era — Goodbye to Zoe
Last week, Zoe succumbed to cancer, as will surprise no one who has had Boxers. It is an ill that breed bears with their own particular merry cheer.
I wasn't going to mention it but saw from the stats that several posts have been looked at a lot lately ... those from when both Wash and Zoe joined our family. It brought back such good memories that I thought I'd share the link here for any other Zoe fans who want to see a little more about the hurricane that changed our lives.
It is impossible to sum up Zoe in a few words or even a few paragraphs. She could be wonderful, she could be equally terrible, and her intense, larger-than-life personality filled our house. As my husband said, "She was a military-grade hyper-Boxer." She's now a family legend.
I'll also say that she's the only dog I know of who had an entire sex industry convention at her feet: which you may read about here.
Of course we miss her. Life is calmer without her as Wash and Kaylee can't possibly fill that void, though they are doing their best.
