Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 Resolutions — Reading and Viewing

  B O O K S  

Reread the books I own. Do I still love reading these books? Only one way to find out as I tend to buy them and keep them as treasures on the shelf, but often forget to reread them.

Also, though this goes along with rereading, I recently began rereading Charles Dickens' novels in order. Am only partway through The Old Curiosity Shop, but will be intermittently pursuing this goal during the year.

Reading "I'll get to them sometime" books I keep skipping over. I've been given gifts, made impulse purchases, and as so many of us do ... have them in a fairly small but growing stack of books that I always overlook for something else that grabs my attention. This seems to me to go hand in hand with rereading, since the ultimate goal is to enjoy the books I've got and to get rid of the ones I don't care for.

  M O V I E S  

More Bollywood! More Tollywood! More Indian movies in general ... as if that were possible. But the fascination continues.

Also, we have watched a couple of director William Wyler's early movies (1930s) and will continue with his filmography through the year ... whenever we need a bit of American culture to leaven the Indian movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment