Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Movie I Want to See: Hacksaw Ridge


“Hacksaw Ridge” tells the true story of Desmond Doss, a devout Seventh-day Adventist who became the first conscientious objector to win the Medal of Honor. See the cross in the smoke? Nice.

This movie is directed by Mel Gibson who isn't mentioned by name, such is Hollywood's memory (and possibly, I guess, that of the general public). They do say from the director of Braveheart and The Passion of the Christ.

Via Deacon Greg Kandra, read more about Desmond Doss here.

Here's the trailer, which will have to hold us until the movie comes out in November.

2 comments:

  1. I just watched the trailer a few days ago. I was intrigued as I'd never heard this story before. I look forward to your review as you'll probably see it before I get the chance to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I never heard about this movie. I def. want to watch this! Thanks for posting about it :)

    ReplyDelete