Thursday, May 4, 2023

An Invitation From Someone You Have Longed to Meet

Just imagine if one fine day an invitation arrived that you have been waiting for for a very long time, from someone you have been waiting to meet. A person with whom you have longed to stay, to spend a long time talking together. On the day that invitation arrived, how great would be your joy?

Death is God’s invitation, and it is with this joy in my heart that I await it. I know well how good and beautiful God is and how tenderly He takes care of me. For this reason, when I finally receive His invitation, I will be very happy to accept it.

[…]

The fact that He holds in store His greatest gift, death, until the last moment, is precisely the loving gesture of a Father. In fact, I think, as a parent, I too would do the same if I had something beautiful to give as a gift to my children. I would keep it hidden until the last moment, to bring it out as a surprise, when they least expect it. I could then enjoy the sudden amazement and joy painted on their faces. In the same way, God will rejoice when he sees my surprise when I accept death’s invitation.
Takashi Nagai, Thoughts from Nyokodo
I love this so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment