Monday, December 18, 2023

Jesse Tree - Day 12: Ruth

I last published these Jesse Tree posts in 2019. I want to revisit them this Advent so you're coming along for the ride!

The Jesse Tree helps us prepare for Christ's coming by studying His roots and Salvation History. 

Jesse Trees follow the same general outline but I've found they are widely varied in some of the details. Some may have one day for Moses, others may spend 4 days on different aspects of his life. I'll be following the basic outline but, therefore, using my own discretion in a few spots.

Day 12: Ruth

Symbols: grain, basket

Ruth Gleaning, illustrated manuscript 1405-1415, British Library
Who doesn't know and love this story of the loving, faithful daughter-in-law who became an ancestress not only to King David, but to Jesus Christ? It is worth remembering that she was a pagan from a strange country but who God used in his mysterious ways for all of our good.

Boaz and Ruth, Rembrandt

No comments:

Post a Comment