Thursday, December 13, 2018

Hang up if you hear “Hello. This is St. Mary’s Prayer Center Ministry calling today to see if you need urgent prayer"

“Hello. This is St. Mary’s Prayer Center Ministry calling today to see if you need urgent prayer. If you would like to have someone from our center pray for you, please press 1. If you would no longer like to hear from us, please press 3.”
This is a pay-to-pray scam that has been around for a few years. My husband got a couple of these messages recently and then I saw The Curt Jester mention it on Facebook. So I thought I'd put a brief warning up here. Here's an article about how the scam works.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I just received a voice message from a Seattle area phone number with this exact message. When they leave a voice mail, they repeat the message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got this SAME call at our office. I had to laugh..... we could ALWAYS use prayer but I am NOT gonna pay somebody to do what I can do myself for FREE!! HA HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete