Thursday, December 6, 2012

Letterboxd

I've often wished for a film equivalent of Goodreads.  For those unfamiliar with Goodreads it is a social network for sharing books and reviews. I'm fairly addicted to it and for the first time could understand those who were addicted to Facebook. There is something about checking out the stream of conversation and reviews of books that I crave.

Is Letterboxd what I've been looking for? I sure hope so.

Letterboxd is a social network for sharing movies. You can use it as a diary to record comments about films as you watch them, to check out what friends are watching, etc.

I just got an invitation a few days ago and I think it might be in the early stages since I don't have many friends in there yet. But the six of us are getting started.

Take a look around and see what you think. Here's my home base.

2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty interesting! I signed up to get an invite, so hopefully I'll be on soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott and I signed up at the same time and it took a couple of weeks to get the invitation. And then they only let us invite 3 people each. Just so you know. :-)

      Can't wait to get you in there! :-)

      Delete