Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fifteen Novels in Fifteen Minutes

I was tagged for this on Facebook (which I actually remembered to visit today), but it is too good to just leave there. Influenced is harder than "liked" ... but here we go ...

The Rules: Don't take too long to think about it. List, in no particular order) fifteen authors (poets included) who've influenced you and that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes.
  1. Rumer Godden
  2. Agatha Christie (nonfiction)
  3. Harriett Beecher Stowe
  4. Robert Alter (his OT translations)
  5. Flannery O'Conner (The Habit of Being)
  6. Dean Koontz
  7. CS Lewis
  8. Shirley Jackson
  9. Samuel Shellabarger
  10. Fulton Sheen
  11. Francis Fernandez (author of the In Conversation with God series)
  12. Nathaniel Hawthorne
  13. Robert R. Chase
  14. Charlotte Bronte
  15. M.F.K. Fisher
You're supposed to tag fifteen people but I decline that part. Not that I wouldn't like to see what Jeff Miller, Stephen Riddle, Will Duquette, and Maureen (Aliens in this World) would pick. I'm just sayin' ...