Sunday, September 11, 2005

They Remember Sept. 11

How I Remember It - a beautiful and moving tribute by Minivan Mom.

"I was getting ready to leave for work..." - The Balance Sheet

"It was the perfect morning for me, until I found a headline at the Drudge Report. The North Tower had been hit by a plane..." - Newton at Oh How I Love Jesus.

A short photo essay about Sept. 11 and what it has led to by Patrick Ruffini. Via Suitable for Mixed Company.

The Heroes of September 11, 2001 - How We Can Honor Them by Catholic Fire.

9/11 Remembered by Lost in the Cosmos features a link to Bishop Haverland's Pastoral Letter the day after the attacks.

“The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge structures collapsing, have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness, and a quiet, unyielding anger. These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed; our country is strong.

A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shattered steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.” – President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001 Address to the Nation
Sept. 11 Links at Polipundit posted by Lori Byrd.

"One of the few calls I did take required an interpreter so I got on the line to AT&T’s translation service and my call was taken by a lady in the Dominican Republic. As soon as she heard my American voice, she cried out to me, “Oh my God, where are you? Are you okay? We have all been so worried.” Confessions of a Wayward Catholic.

September 11 Remembered, Part One and Part Two from Sigmund, Karl and Alfred. Not your average remembrance but definitely worth reading as it is very true.

Never, Never Forget - Michelle Malkin's incomparable roundup.

No comments:

Post a Comment