Saturday, October 16, 2004

I'm Awake Now!

There is nothing to get the adrenaline surging like getting in the car and hearing a frenzied shriek from the backseat, "There's a huge cockroach in the car!" Rose was up on the seat scrunching in the opposite direction. Tom and I flung our doors open and hurled outselves out of the car. As I turned around, Rose then said, "Mom, it just went out the door next to you!" I shrieked (nothing is more disgusting than a cockroach and they grow to epic proportions around here) and flung myself back into the car, slamming the door.

Tom whiled away the drive by speculating how the roach got in the car. His theory: it probably didn't crawl in but was "carried" in ... EUWWWWWWWWW! I carry everything into that car aside from kids and backpacks. Meanwhile, Rose was shuddering at the idea of having a cockroach in her backpack. Thanks for those mental images!

We came out of the store and opened the car doors. Out from under the car, a giant cockroach sprang and scuttled to safety elsewhere. Great, so it traveled to the store with us clinging to the undercarriage of the car. One more jolt of adrenaline to the system. Does that work like laughing? Makes you healthier? I hope so. I've used up my supply for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment