Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Why Do I Stay Catholic?

As I've mentioned many a time, I don't worry about Pew numbers on religion and suchlike. But it does give people something to talk (and blog) about. Which sometimes gets much more interesting than the Pew results.

And sometimes you have fun with it, too.

The Anchoress has some good links AND issued a challenge:
It's a challenge! I'm calling out the entire Catholic World on the Internet. Tell us why you are staying
And I was tagged. Hey, I don't turn down those challenges.

Especially when the answer is as easy as mine. Super. Easy.

Ready?
I stay Catholic because it's true. It's all true.

Where else would I go?
===========

And the makes-me-laugh-but-still-true answer — I met God in the Catholic Church and none of that was coincidental. I dance with the one what brung me. (Plus it all turned out to be ... true.)

1 comment:

  1. To paraphrase St. Catherine of Siena (my patroness) my Catholic faith is in me as a fish is in the sea and the sea is in the fish. Of course it's true. I breath and swim in the truth that is Catholicism, and that truth is infused in me. You can't leave that.

    ReplyDelete