Friday, March 9, 2012

Five Years, 3302 Yards of Yarn, and Untold Hours Later ... I Present the Sampler Afghan!


Holy moly, I thought this took 3 years. Turns out now that I check the date, it took 5! Oh well, I also was knitting socks, bears, and suchlike so I took many a break.

The pattern worked absolutely perfectly and it went together like a charm. Kudos to Melissa Leapman who wrote Cables Untangled. It worked! (click the image to see it larger)

It is absolutely gorgeous and I want to make one for myself now. (You should have seen the look Tom gave me when I said that. A look that said, "you're nuts!")

I have entrusted it to FedEx to get it to Rose in L.A. Nervously. But I did entrust it. And she got it! Woohoo!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That is really lovely and it looks very soft. Five years is a twinkling of an eye in Craft Completion Years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I really like the color, and that is quite an undertaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA - you finished it. Many many congratulations !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most beautiful thing I have every seen. I am so lucky to have such a bright and talented friend. Love ya, Cyndie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful. I wish I could knit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crud, is that beautiful or what??

    And just in time for St. Patrick's Day....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful - now I want to make one, and I don't even knit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie: it is beautiful, and I wouldn't worry about how long it took you to knit - it's the process. I'm all for you making one for yourself - maybe knit something in between starting so you don't get bored. BTW, love Forgotten Classics - have enjoyed Genesis and really love the Bridge of Birds. Thanks for all the time you put in on your podcast. Also, I agree with your comments about pet rescue groups. I know they watch out for the animal's well being, but I feel like I'm viewed as a criminal and practically have to prick my finger an bleed on the application as some way of letting them know my husband and I are just looking for a pet. For some of the prices charged, it would only cost a little more to go through a breeder - now if only I could find the breed I want that is past the puppy stage...MarlaF on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marla! Thank you so much for all those nice comments ... and yes we have just decided to stop going through the Boxer rescue group because they wanted vaccination/heartworm records not only for our current, living dog, but for all our deceased animals of the past 5 years. Oy veh! We may wind up at the SPCA or the animal shelter this weekend. There is no telling! :-)

    ReplyDelete