Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congratulations President Obama from Your Loyal Opposition

Loyal opposition is the concept that one can be opposed to the actions of the government or ruling party of the day without being opposed to the constitution of the political system.
When I read Steven Riddle's comments about this change in administration, what he said echoed my feelings. He used the term "loyal opposition" and it seems good to me.

I hope for more from President Obama than he has promised those of us who would like different solutions than he proposes. I pray for him and for all our leaders. Enjoy the inauguration and the celebrations because you are taking on a huge job in a time of great uncertainty. May God bless you and all of us, including your loyal opposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment