Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Lenten Joke

I can't help myself. I just have to repeat this joke from last year.
On their honeymoon, the blonde bride slipped into a sexy nightie and with great anticipation, crawled into bed, only to find that her new Catholic husband had settled down on the couch.

When she asked him why he was apparently not going to make love to her, he replied, "Can't; it's Lent".

In tears, she remarked, "Well, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! Who did you lend it to, and for how long?"

5 comments:

  1. Wait, we're not supposed to abstain from that, too, are we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then the husband replied "'Whom,' dear, not 'who.'"



    Yes, I would have been a bother had I lived...

    Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, our parish does not celebrate weddings during Lent (or baptisms or confirmations or any of these "celebratory" sacraments). So they shouldn't have their wedding night during Lent anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing it is just a joke and not a reason to get too technical about anything! :-D

    ReplyDelete