Friday, September 27, 2013

Well Said: Loving the Blessed Virgin

From my quote journal.
Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did.
Maximilian Kolbe
You know, I never thought of it like that. Though my own inclination tends to be to forget all about the Blessed Virgin altogether. Not in the importance of the big picture, of course, but just in my every day life. Which is probably a bit less than Jesus would like ... I mean, she is the first of all disciples and definitely worthy of me keeping her example and help in mind.

3 comments:

  1. The Pope will consecrate the world to Mary's heart on the 13th of October. I expect great things - good time to be thinking about her.
    Quick question , if you don't mind my intrusion, but don't you do the rosary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten all about that, but thank you for reminding me! Sometimes I'll pray the rosary, most of the time I don't. It just depends on my mindset. However, it is interesting to me that in times of great stress the prayer that automatically springs to mind (and to my lips) is the Hail Mary. :-)

      Delete
    2. Me too. Mary is very accessible: the gentle pathway leading to the narrow gate. Cheers

      Delete