Friday, October 7, 2011

World's Longest Book Meme? 31-40

It still has my interest ... and hopefully y'all's too. Part 4 picks up where we left off yesterday:
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I don't mind it at all. Although if it is a review book I tend to just not mention the book at all, especially if I requested it.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Chinese. Once upon a time, long ago, I could read a bit, but never enough to read novels.

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
Dante's Divine Comedy.

34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Nervous? Hmmm ... can't think of any.

35. Favorite Poet?
Shel Silverstein, which tells you a lot about my love of clever word use and lack of appreciation for most other sorts of poetry.

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Four or five.

37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Plenty, because if they don't pass my 50-100 page samples then I have no qualms about not reading them. Though lately I try the Kindle samples instead of bothering the library for their books ... that way I am more likely to want to read the book when I get it.

38. Favorite fictional character?
Again, this is like trying to pick my favorite child. Lately though ... Doan and Carstairs (Norbert Davis, author) have won my heart. Doan the mild-mannered, toughest private detective ever. And Carstairs, his Great Dane who is more than a mere dog but not at all like Scooby Doo.

39. Favorite fictional villain?
I'm fond of Professor Snape in the Harry Potter books. He is so unwavering in his disdain.

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Fiction, probably science fiction ... and lots of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment