Saturday, April 29, 2006

Mini-Lit For the Weekend

This is all shamelessly stolen from Cathy Ward who you should all be reading anyway. She has taken the Books-in-a-Minute idea and run with it. She's got a gift for sure.

Mere Christianity
by C.S. Lewis

You can believe Jesus is the Savior of the world or not.
But if you don't, you're dumb.



The Great Divorce

by C. S. Lewis

"Is this Purgatory, or is this Hell?"
Only you can decide.



The Old Testament

by Various

God made it.
Man fouled it up.
God was mad.
And He certainly had a right to be mad.
Lots of turtledoves died.



The Divine Comedy: Purgatorio

By Dante Alighieri

Dante: "You know what, Virgil? You're my best friend.
No - I mean it. I can't imagine being here without you.
I really love you, man. I just - - - - - Woah! Virgil, look over there!
Is that - Beatrice?! Man, she's hot."

Dante: (Turns to Virgil)
"Gotta go, V. Take it easy."


No comments:

Post a Comment