Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Make Disciples of All Nations, Part I

Go therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age (Matt. 28:18-20).

Simple, direct, no-nonsense. These words of Jesus are the greatest mission statement ever written. But in hearing this Scripture so many times in daily life, we can easily become dull to its power. So let's examine it.

First, it is not a suggestion or a request. It is a command. If we say we believe in Jesus Christ, we must preach the gospel. We must teach the faith, and we must also explain and defend it. There is no Option B. Jesus does not need our polite approval. He does not want our support from the sidelines. He wants us -- our love, our zeal, our whole being -- because through us he completes the work of salvation, which has never been more urgent for the world than right now.
Archbishop Charles Chaput
from the introduction to
How Not to Share Your Faith:
The Seven Deadly Sins of Apologetics
by Mark Brumley

To be continued ...

7 comments:

  1. I surf the web looking for blogs like this one.
    Your site was on point and will be back again! Awesome
    blog.
    Search for my orange county plastic surgery blog, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
    blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
    Check out the blog site with my plastic surgery baltimore in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific blog. I search the internet everytime I
    get a moment to find blogs. Its better than cold iced
    tea and I have to visit it one more time!
    Where you been? You have got to look at my cosmetic plastic surgery blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent blog. It was so great and I bet I will
    go back to it! I get to look online for blogs like
    yours is a blessing.
    Want to see top notch work, peep my orange county plastic surgery blog site for the bomb work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
    blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
    I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your plastic surgery san diego blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prodigious blog. Loved it so much I went to it
    again! Just go online and search for blogs that are
    worth the value as yours.
    In an efford of finding the right info, check for my male plastic surgery blog site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
    back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
    time searching for blogs like yours.
    Stop by and look at my plastic surgery san francisco blog site.

    ReplyDelete