10 Catholic Signs It Is Hot HOt HOT Outside.
- You understand the meaning of "Psalms 32:4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer"
- The Nuns are baking the communion wafers/hosts on the dash of their parked car.
- At the sign of peace, no one touches; instead, everyone waves quickly in attempts to create a breeze in the church.
- You repeat the line from Matthew 20 "Borne the burden and heat of the day." over and over again as a sign of repentance.
- You start wondering if it is liturgically appropriate to administer the blood of Christ chilled.
- Noah's flood isn't sounding too bad right about now.
- The Newly baptized ask Father for 15 more minutes in the baptismal immersion font.
- The discalced carmelites actually put shoes on.
- Gehenna, Shemehenna.
- For the homily, the Priest takes to the ambo and says, "You think it's hot as hell. It's not." then steps down and continues with Mass.
Friday, August 19, 2011
10 Signs It's Hot Outside: Catholic Edition
Shamelessly lifted from the creative and funny Alive and Young.