Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Something I Really Like* - Tasty

Truly a delicious potato chip, worth the extra money. Just enough salt, zipped (or is it zapped?) with just enough pepper on hand-made potato chips. One bag per week for the household makes sure we appreciate these savory bits.

If you have a few extra bucks, then it is worth picking up a package of their most recent limited edition.

Hoochey mama, that's a zesty chip! You can read the story behind the flavor here.

Thank you Zapp's!

*Something I really like is one of Dr. Gemma's regular segments on her podcast, which I thought I'd try to adapt as I have so much I'd like to share that I never can get to it. One bite at a time ... maybe I can do it.

10 comments:

  1. Forgive the grossly off topic post, but I wanted to ask if you had discovered Patrick Rothfuss yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ?? No, though I suppose since this is off-topic, there is no chance that he produces delicious potato chips. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LUV me some Zapp's Crawtaters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all things, when it comes from Louisiana, it just tastes better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I L*O*V*E Zapps (from a girl that doesn't eat ANY chips) ... current favs are the "Cajun Crawtator" and "Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt" ... but m*u*s*t h*a*v*e "Voodoo Gumbo"

    Please send ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie,
    HA! No, he's a new writer, and his first book, "The Name of the Wind" is pretty brilliant. Since we have nearly identical reading lists I thought you might dig it! It's large, but a startlingly quick read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The image of the Zapp's Voodoo Gumbo flavor is my original photograph; please either post a photo credit (Celeste Uzee, www.bouillie.wordpress.com) or remove the image. Thanks,
    Celeste
    PS Mr. Ron Zappe, the potato chip company founder, just passed away a few weeks ago, may he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beg pardon, ma'am. I had too many windows open ... thought I picked it off of Zapp's ... it has been replaced with their image and link. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth ... meant to tell you that I am putting that book on my "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sadly, Mr. Zappe passed away earlier this month. I went to college with his daughter and they were all cool folks.

    ReplyDelete