Monday, September 22, 2014

Lagniappe: Egg McMuffin and Mobile Apps

Troubled by criticisms that it has fallen behind the times and is losing its appeal to hungry but progressive millennials, McDonald's is developing mobile apps allowing patrons to access data about the company's social responsibility.

This is the best news ever. And not just for young people. I can't tell you how many times I've been standing in line at McDonald's trying to decide whether to have the Sausage Burrito or the Egg McMuffin when the issue of the firm's social responsibility has suddenly popped into my head. And once that door swings open, I simply cannot get it closed.
Sometimes the joke just writes itself. Especially when the company's move smacks of desperation.

1 comment:

  1. Gumpas, a slave trader: "Have you no idea of progress, of development?"

    "I have seen both in an egg," said Caspian. "We call it going bad in Narnia..."

    ReplyDelete