Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hereupon Resolved: HC Receives all Catholic Zombie References ...

... and Matt Swaim receives, at his own request, Catholic Star Wars/Indy/Battlestar references.

(Where this leaves Father Roderick, I don't know.)

You know, I don't spend much ... or any ... time on Twitter. But when Matt Swaim brought up that he's trying to set up an interview about zombies on Catholic radio, I received a flurry of Twitter emails because people mentioned me.

I am proud to be the go-to gal for Catholic Zombie references.

And am taking dibs on Joss Whedon / Firefly / Nathan Filion references. I mean, c'mon. We can hardly get through an episode of A Good Story is Hard to Find without Whedon coming up in conversation somehow. At least I know we mentioned him in the episode coming up on Thursday featuring The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett.

By the way, along those lines, I must get a review of Unholy Night up. For now, know this: amazingly good book. With a few zombies. But mostly it is a thought provoking midrash on the Holy Family's trip to Egypt. Simply fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. Unholy Night has zombies in it? I guess I'll have to read it now. Congrats on the "go to" statuses (stati?). I'm signing up for Ora et Labora et Zombies, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, there are zombies ... they are not a predominant theme but their presence is felt at one point. I'll be curious to see your take on the Ora et Labora et Zombies. The first two letters were good and the third one suddenly pushed my anxiety a notch higher.

      Delete
    2. I've had a lot slimmer excuses for reviewing things on the blog! ;)

      Ora et al. should be here in a week or so. The fellow said he would mail my backlog of the first letters along with next week's installment, so I'll be getting 1-4 altogether. Can't wait!

      Delete