Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Joe Ledger's Back in Town and This Time He's Got Ninjas! (New on the shelf.)

Assassin's Code ( Joe Ledger, #4)Assassin's Code by Jonathan Maberry

I'm sorry Doctor Esterhazy. It isn't that I find you boring, though you are a bit more difficult to follow on audio than ordinary books, but it's just that Joe is back in town. And ... well ... gotta put you down and go get me some Joe!
When Joe Ledger and Echo Team rescue a group of American college kids held hostage in Iran,the Iranian government then asks them to help find six nuclear bombs planted in the Mideast oil fields. These stolen WMDs will lead Joe and Echo Team into hidden vaults of forbidden knowledge, mass-murder, betrayal, and a brotherhood of genetically-engineered killers with a thirst for blood. Accompanied by the beautiful assassin called Violin, Joe follows a series of clues to find the Book of Shadows, which contains a horrifying truth that threatens to shatter his entire worldview.
Although, a beautiful assassin named (really? seriously?) Violin had better have a darned good story behind the name or I'll never be able to stop laughing.

And it wouldn't be a Joe Ledger book without genetic engineering rearing its ugly head somewhere nearby.

But on the other hand ... ninjas!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, there are no ninjas in the book. That's a different kind of killer wearing a balaclava.

    And...yeah, Violen has a pretty cool backstory. Give it a try. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never fear, I am about 2.5 hours in and really enjoying it. In fact, though I've liked all the Joe Ledger novels, this one begins in a way that reminds me of the first two ... I like that!

    ReplyDelete