Friday, February 17, 2012

So I'm Reading Jen Fitz's Lenten Reading List ...

... thinking, "I really need to get a list like that together. Maybe I can post one on Monday."

And I'm liking her categories, specifically the first one, "Pure Lenten Fiction Poke-n-the-soul" and am thinking, "Hey, I can do categories!"

Which just makes it that much more fun, right?

(If you like lists, then you know what I mean.)

And then I get to #4, the "Proof that some people can watch TV without rotting their brains" category and just about fall out of my chair.





Now, that was a pleasant surprise!

I never, ever thought I might be someone's Lenten reading.

(Well, except for Lord, Open My Heart but that was designed as Lenten reading so it's different. Somehow.)

Thank you, Jen!

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I saw your book on Jennifer's list on her blog and decided to check it out. I read a piece of it on Amazon.com and yup, I witnessed the same proof that God exists just last year. And it was by blind faith which I think it's real faith, because if it wasn't, I wouldn't have left my worries and leave my wishes and concerns in God's hands. Like my mother says, "If God doesn't grant you what you want, it's because he will give you something even better than that, if it is good for your soul." My brother's car was dying and when he got a new car, it was a surprise to us all because it is the top of the line at a reasonable price and he was working as a janitor at a rehab center which pays the minimum. That's when I saw that proof to leave it all in God's hands. Like all state, "Your in good hands." lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, Happy Mardi Gras, eh? Now you have me wanting to see your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this link. I clicked through, was interested in the Gargoyle Code and headed to Amazon to see if it was available on Kindle. It's not :( But, just below it, was this jaw dropping book title: "Children of the Matrix: How an Interdimensional Race has Controlled the World for Thousands of Years-and Still Does (Paperback)" Ummm, OK. I'm like Curious George, I had to click through, and I found this review: "I was looking for serious research into the presence of the reptilian aliens. This book was anything but serious." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU for telling me of your journey via Amazon ... I actually laughed out loud! :-D

    ReplyDelete