Friday, September 23, 2011

Prayer Request for Tom's Mother - Updated

After several procedures to check how her foot is healing, Tom's 87-year-old mother is not progressing well.

This afternoon, her leg will be amputated above the knee to avoid gangrene in her foot where much of the flesh is dead (they say "not viable").

Please pray for the surgery to go well and for the psychological effects to be few. We are all dreading how this may affect her spirits during recovery and afterwards.

UPDATE
She came through the surgery well and now is in and out of consciousness, in a lot of pain as we might expect. Many thanks to all who have been praying ... please continue!

I'm at the hospital during my usual blogging time ... or will be for a couple of days. I have a few things that will pop up automatically daily but otherwise will be slow on answering comments, clearing away spam, or responding to email. Thank you for you patience!


Just scroll under this for the newer posts.

8 comments:

  1. My wife's grandmother went through the same procedure and seemed to weather it pretty well with a supportive family and the occasional visit from her priest. Your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I hope she heals quickly and well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry. May God grant her strength and resolution. I hope it gets better from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad had the same surgery. I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie,
    We're praying for her here. I hope she gets relief from pain and a smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete