Monday, March 28, 2011

The new Happy Catholic book's here!

Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

Harry Hartounian: Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.

Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.
The Jerk
I have in my hands the actual printed book! Not too shabby! And this'll tell you what a layout geek I am ... I actually really like the spine.

Yes. The spine. You'll just have to get your own to see what I mean.

Sadly, I've already found a couple of things that need fixing. Isn't that always the way? The first things you turn to are the shockers that stop your heart.

I am going to look at these as the touches that tell us that real human beings worked on these, just as in Gutenberg's day. Yeah. That's my story and I'm sticking with it! Although they will be fixed in the ebook editions so anyone buying those will be just that little bit closer to perfection!

(I haven't been in advertising for so long without learning how to tap that dance in both directions, y'all. The crazy thing? I mean it! Both ways!)

Ok, I'm getting the store set up. Cross my heart. As soon as I can get Tom off the phone.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats. I know the feeling

    http://www.goodnewsfilmreviews.com/2010/06/i-have-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am nothing if not unoriginal! :-D

    Except since my book's full of quotes I didn't think of using actual video. Where's the fun in that? ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!! (and I'm going to get the Kindle version)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, I started reading your book today while working out at the Y. I am enjoying it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete