Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Frank Frazetta, R.I.P. - UPDATED

Along with the news that Lena Horne died, came the news that Frank Frazetta died also. It may be that you, like me, have no idea who that is.

There is a very easy way to illuminate you ... how could any of the Conan books gained their heights without his illustrations? Certainly my formative years would have been poorer without vans and posters featuring Frazetta's work.

Will Duquette provided what is my favorite of all the illustrations I have seen today. Brandywine Books has a good tribute.

UPDATE
Here's another tribute from lines and colors where artist tributes are what they do best and where they found some stunning sf art without naked babes or warriors. Who knew that existed in his portfolio?

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for posting this! I really like your blog!!

    Common Cents
    http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

    ps. Link Exchange???

    ReplyDelete