Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Do You Trust Your Father With Your Life?

Now there's an interesting question.

It is even more interesting in the context given by the Internet Monk as it arose in a classroom discussion. Very thought provoking.

I'd give you a snippet but I want it to unfold for you the way it did for me when I was reading it. Just go read it.

This has given me much food for thought, especially taken together with a discussion at last night's scripture study about how Americans' individual independence makes it so difficult for us to understand the strength of the "clan" in both Old and New Testament times. In fact, this very independence which we nurture and cherish is what makes it difficult to understand the concept that my sin hurts the whole body of Christ, just as my virtue enriches it.

No comments:

Post a Comment