Friday, May 19, 2006

Here's Hoping for At Least 22 More Wonderful Years

I remember when the storm blew in during our wedding reception. The sky turned black and it was raining cats and dogs.

Raymond and Thelma, my grandparents, came hurrying over to us and said, "We want you not to worry about this storm. It's a good omen. It poured rain on the day we got married too."

Now that made it a good omen. You never knew a more compatible, devoted, and loving couple than my grandparents.

I think it is an omen that has come true for us. My mother-in-law once said that she had never seen a more compatible couple than Tom and me.

All I know is that I love him more and more with each passing year. I pray that our daughters can find husbands who bring out the best in them the way that Tom has done for me just by being himself ... cheerful, sunny, funny, smart and loving. If so then they each will feel like the luckiest woman on earth, just as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment