Monday, January 27, 2020

A Movie You Might Have Missed #2: Monsoon Wedding

It's been 10 years since I began this series highlighting movies I wished more people knew about. I'm rerunning it from the beginning because I still think these are movies you might have missed.

Monsoon Wedding
India

A large, Westernized, upper middle class Indian family is gathering for a wedding in a movie that includes Bollywood-ish singing, dancing, and romance. What may be unexpected are the strong messages about family love, protection of the innocent from sexual predators, doing the right thing and telling the truth no matter what it costs you.

 I love this movie but Tom is the one who added it to this list which tells you that it has a wider range than one might expect. The "R" rating is for the language, mostly that of the Wedding Event Coordinator and his help.

(A full review is here.)

3 comments:

  1. I love that movie, and you could have colored me excited when I found it at Big Lots a few months back for only $3! :) Such a good story.

    Bridget N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tante Leonie7/23/10, 3:15 PM

    Great film, especially the subplot with the Wedding Event Coordinator and the maid; glad you included this on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie as well, and I'm so glad to see it make the list!!!

    ReplyDelete