Monday, December 31, 2012

A Very Good Christmas

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I had one of the best Christmases ever.

For one thing, the reason I was so little present in the last week is because Rose spent almost 10 days visiting from L.A. so I stayed home from work and did little personal blogging.

In preparation I had been forcing myself for some weeks ahead to wrap gifts, bake, and do other such tasks so that my daily work was light when she was with us. It was truly wonderful to have her visit for so long, as our little white dog Kaylee could tell you. She was delighted with having a young lady in whose room she could sleep, whose steps she could dog (ha!), and who she could generally worship.

Also, with God's grace, somehow my Advent reading led me to an ever-greater appreciation of the Incarnation. By the time we got to Christmas, I was overcome with the wonder, love, and delight of it all. And that is truly a gift which I do not often receive.

All in all, we were blessed to have such a wonderful Christmas. I hope that everyone was likewise blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment