Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Pan Bagnat (Provençal Tuna Sandwich)

I grew up with a version of this sandwich which my parents made regularly in the summertime. We loved it. Loaded with different ingredients, bathed in a vinaigrette (the title means "bathed bread"), weighted down and left for all the flavors to meld — it was the perfect summer meal.

So I was intrigued when Cooks Illustrated had their own version and tried it out last weekend. I loved this version too. Get it at Meanwhile, Back in the Kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Nancy,

    I'm writing to inquire if you accept books for possible review.

    My upcoming novel, Missing Peace, is a contemporary family saga/drama about a Catholic rosary found in war-torn Iraq that is linked to an obscure prophecy for peace. The book is listed on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089QTLHKV

    An excerpt of the novel can be found on my website, www.nkholt.com. I would be happy to furnish more information and a copy of the book, if you are interested.

    Thank you for your consideration. I apologize for reaching out through comments, however, one of your posts suggested doing so as comments are moderated and there this would not be published.

    Kathy Holzapfel
    aka N. K. Holt
    www.nkholt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,

    Forgive my last comment. I followed this link from a Twitter feed and mistakenly thought I was at a blog for The Catholic Post. My apologies! I have already queried you via email about a book review. Sigh. This will teach me to post at 5 AM, before coffee.
    Thank you,
    Kathy Holzapfel

    ReplyDelete