Wednesday, June 24, 2020

I am trying to think of the last time I waited so excitedly for a chance to sit down and read the Bible.

That's because my new Word on Fire Bibles arrived. We got the evangelization pack which had one leather-bound version and 4 paperback copies.

As soon as the box was opened we all began excitedly showing each other various features.

It is above and beyond anything I could have asked for myself. I mean to say, they designed a typeface for the pull-quotes. That is my kind of commitment to beauty.

Even the paperback is really great, which is what I'd expect but I was curious to see for myself. The pages are high quality paper, the gold type is there just as in the leather version. I was wondering if it would stay open in your hand without forcing the spine — and it does!

I've dipped in a little here and there and the commentary is as good as the design and thought provoking yet accessible.

It truly is, as they said when it was announced, a cathedral in print. Thank you, Bishop Barron!

They are sold out but are taking orders for the reprint. Here's the video in case you missed it before.

Word on Fire Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment