Wednesday, August 29, 2018

GetReligion is the place to go for Catholic news analysis

I've long been a fan of GetReligion where reporters examine how the media covers religion. Time and again they point out where biases are presented as fact, where big questions aren't asked, and where the good coverage is.

They help me examine the public story of "what everybody knows" and keep my own sense of balance. You never have to just take their word for it because links are always provided so you can go read all the original reporting for yourself. Each piece is the best news roundup you can find.

In the case of all the Catholic chaos lately GetReligion is again keeping me thinking, alert, and balanced.

I strongly recommend you add them to your media of preference to make sure you're seeing all the angles, whether for good or ill.

You can't do better than to begin with this story by Julia Duin who's been impressing me with her analysis: Coverage by the conservative and global press raises the stakes in Viganò affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment