Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Lord Has Done Great Things For Me

I just wanted to get that out there.

I don't want to share the particular struggle I've been having, but I do want to say that it is one I've been having intermittently for years.

And the other night as I was once again mulling over the struggle, suddenly two sentences floated through my mind.

Simple sentences.

Sentences that completely reoriented me in a way I'd never considered.

And set me free.

It was like a 10-pound weight lifting off my shoulders.

I can't contain my joy and gladness. And gratitude and love. So I came here to share it with you.

The Lord has done great things for me.

4 comments:

  1. Well, then, thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! I have experienced that sort of "set free" moment myself, and what an amazing thing that is!! For me, it was a particular sin that haunted me. I had asked forgiveness for it, but the devil always found a way to bring it back up and make me wonder, "Did I REALLY repent enough??" When I returned to the Church after 10 years in a Protestant church, I found myself back in a confessional. I confessed that particular sin and BAM! It has NEVER been thrown in my face again. Praise God!

    Also, I'm sorry to ask it here, but... WHERE is that link that you put up about the teacher who taught her kids to crochet after 9/11? I've been searching through your blog and I can NOT find it! I'm not imagining it, am I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God indeed! I think the story you're looking for is that of Heather Ordover. She's got a spot where she links to various remembrances she's published about it. I'd start with the oldest.

      Delete