Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Last Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko

I'm really surprised I forgot to share my reactions on this book since I was so eager to share the first three. Making up for that now!

The Last Watch (Watch, #4)The Last Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


As with the other books in the series, Last Watch is made up of three novellas. Unlike the other books though, these act as connected pieces in one overall story. Although Anton goes to Edinburgh and then to Uzbekistan, his missions are all in service of solving one big puzzle. What possible plot could cause an alliance between a powerful Inquisitor, a Higher Light One, and a Master Vampire?

I thought I understood what the title Last Watch was about but, as with every other time, Sergei Lukyanenko surprised me. In the end this turned out to be a story about the depths to which love drives us, especially when we feel we have failed it, and the ultimate power of forgiveness.

I eagerly await the translation of the final book in the series, New Watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment