Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dappled Things: Ideas, Art, and Faith - New Issue Online

Bernardo Aparicio García drops me a line about the latest issue of Dappled Things:
Just wanted to let you know that the new DT is available online now. We've made a lot of goodness available for this issue: an interview with Ron Hansen, a really excellent essay on form in poetry that ends up being an insightful diagnosis of the post-modern condition, a historical fiction piece about St. Robert Southwell, SJ (might be particularly interesting to readers now that we have a Jesuit pope), and a mirror sonnet called "How to Rise From the Dead" (really do check that one out, the effect of the form, especially given the topic of the poem, is quite stunning).
He's not just a whistlin' Dixie, y'all. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying my copy. But it just occurs to me. Why am I paying for a subscription when it's available on line? LOL.

    I did think the interview with Ron Hansen was very good. Though I tend to disagree with his central point, I did enjoy the essay The Splendor of Form by James Matthew Wilson. Good stuff in there. I look forward to every issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm in there, too.

    ReplyDelete