Thursday, February 20, 2014

One Browser to Rule Them All. And In the Darkness Bind Them.

I'm sure this was brought up by lots of people long ago, but I've thought it so many times that I finally got around to dropping it in here.

I've got one account for Blogger and a different one for G-mail (thank you so much Google for that necessity...).

So I see this screen a lot.



I mean, I like Google well enough. Their satellite maps are genius. But what were they thinking? Doesn't the comparison come to mind rather forcibly?

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

1 comment:

  1. Google has devoured the email connection with the nice little community college for whom ("'whom,' he said, for he had been to night school") I teach part-time in my golden years. I age rapidly in in-service sessions where serving the Orwellian Telescreen is All.

    ReplyDelete