Monday, April 15, 2019

Notre Dame Burns - Updated

Just got back from running errands and Rose and Tom told me about the Notre Dame Cathedral burning. I've been there twice ... but am surprised at how upset I am. It's almost as if I were French ... or Catholic.

I think of how crowded it is around the cathedral and hope that the fire doesn't spread. Watching the spire fall hit me hard but at least it fell down and not out to cause more damage.

UPDATED

Le père Fournier, aumônier des @PompiersParis, est allé avec des pompiers
dans la cathédrale #NotreDame pour sauver la couronne d’épines et le Saint-Sacrement...
Translation:
Fr. Fournier, chaplain of the Paris Firefighters, went with the firefighters into Notre-Dame cathedral to save the crown of thorns and the Blessed Sacrament.
Etienne Loraillère, editor at France’s KTO Catholic Television,
via Catholic Herald
My hero! Thank you, Father Fournier!

No comments:

Post a Comment