Thursday, August 16, 2018

President of USCCB: Scores of beloved children of God were abandoned to face an abuse of power alone.

This statement from Cardinal DiNardo seems sincere. Certainly the wording is less like that of a CEO and more like that of a priest. Read it all ... this snippet is the conclusion.
I have no illusions about the degree to which trust in the bishops has been damaged by these past sins and failures. It will take work to rebuild that trust. What I have outlined here is only the beginning; other steps will follow. I will keep you informed of our progress toward these goals.

Let me ask you to hold us to all of these resolutions. Let me also ask you to pray for us, that we will take this time to reflect, repent, and recommit ourselves to holiness of life and to conform our lives even more to Christ, the Good Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment