Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Well Said: Grab Aholt of God

This life is much too much trouble, far too strange, to arrive at the end of it and then be asked what you make of it and have to answer, "Scientific humanism." That won’t do. A poor show. Life is a mystery, love is a delight. Therefore, I take it as axiomatic that one should settle for nothing less than the infinite mystery and infinite delight; i.e., God. In fact, I demand it. I refuse to settle for anything less. I don't see why anyone should settle for anything less than Jacob, who actually grabbed aholt of God and wouldn't let go until God identified himself and blessed him.
Walker Percy, Questions They Never Asked Me
That made me giggle. The part about Jacob left me thoughtful though. We ourselves must show determination in the quest to know God.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been able to read his works, but every quote of his I see feeds my soul! Thank you...

    ReplyDelete