Tuesday, August 9, 2022

A Movie You Might Have Missed #70: Obit

It's been 11 years since I began this series highlighting movies I wished more people knew about. I'm rerunning it from the beginning because I still think these are movies you might have missed.

An inside look at life on the New York Times obituaries desk.


How do you put a life into 500 words? Ask the staff obituary writers at the New York Times. OBIT is a first-ever glimpse into the daily rituals, joys and existential angst of the Times obit writers, as they chronicle life after death on the front lines of history.
A charming piece that looks at obituary writers for the New York Times. Inevitably one begins thinking, however tangentially, not only about the mechanics of the thing but about people and history and one's own life. Well done and we all enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post! We just finished viewing this. It was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Thanks for letting me know. :-)

      Delete