Friday, February 17, 2017

Gone Retreatin' - to Help Good Marriages Get Better



We are off to help with our parish's Beyond Cana retreat. It is a labor of love and a pleasure to be part of the very special group of people putting this retreat on.

Please keep us in your prayers and, of course, also the attendees ... married couples who somehow were able to find the time to take 2-1/2 days apart from the world to focus on their marriages. These days that shows true dedication!

May this be a blessed time for everyone involved. Lord, hear our prayer.

(I'm outta here until Monday, not surprisingly! See y'all then!)

By the way - if you live in Dallas and are interested in finding out more, we hold these twice a year. You can get the basics here.

15 comments:

  1. "Facilitator" -- that's right down there with "vibrant." Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tante Leonie7/30/10, 8:31 AM

    You will be in my prayers, Julie and Tom.

    May God bless you and protect all of you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tante Leonie7/30/10, 8:31 AM

    Mack -- behave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tante,

    Yes, ma'am. :(






    Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tante Leonie7/31/10, 6:09 AM

    Now, Mack, it's most unkind of you to make an expat like me go missing the South and all things Southern!

    (Ma'am has such a nice ring to it; much nicer than the "Madame" that I'm addressed by here).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed! "Ma'am" carries a sense of dignity and mutual respect, while "madame" is often intended as a carrier of sarcasm.

    Say, while Happy Catholic is out, let's rearrange everything on her desk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tante Leonie8/2/10, 3:04 AM

    You first! I'll guard the door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEY, where'd all my pens go!

    :-D

    Thanks for keeping it lively round here y'all!

    The retreat was great and we had to overcome several unexpected threats so I assume you were praying as well as pranking while I was out. Thank you very much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tante Leonie8/2/10, 9:30 AM

    Re you pens: it wasn't me, I swear!

    Welcome back!

    Look forward to hearing about the retreat.

    Funny enough, several times this weekend, I was inspired to say the "St. Michael" prayer for y'all at odd moments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tante, I appreciate you following through on the inspiration. We needed those prayers! And it all worked out perfectly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tante, I appreciate you following through on the inspiration. We needed those prayers! And it all worked out perfectly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot tell a lie: Tante pinched your pink Barbie highlighter.

    Really!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And here I was blaming that on the dog! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tante Leonie8/3/10, 10:46 AM

    Woof! Woof! Woof!

    ReplyDelete