So now I have an entirely new appreciation for the genre of monster movies, where do I go from here?I thought you'd never ask!
I'm not an expert by any means, but I know what I like. A list of what I like is below, with links to my reviews (you may have to scroll down in some of these entries to find the movie mentioned below).
- Aliens: the perfect combination of monsters and adrenaline. Plus Sigourney Weaver. “I can handle myself.” “Yeah, I noticed.” One of my top 10 favorite movies.
- King Kong (1933): Holy mackerel, what a show! The original is the best.
- The Mummy (1999): This is just plain fun, along the lines of what would happen if Indiana Jones tangled with an ancient Egyptian curse (and lots of mummies, of course).
- Shaun of the Dead: the zombie movie for people who don't like zombies. (Like me.)
- District 9: What happens when aliens land in South Africa and have no way to get home?
- Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter: Light on history, heavy on vampires, and a lot of fun.